Rightware is the company behind the Kanzi family of tools and services used by automakers for design and development of advanced digital user interfaces. Our mission is to help automakers increase brand value with highly customized signature user interfaces. Kanzi is the market-leading UI tool trusted by over 50 automotive brands across the globe.
We are looking for a curious and skilled
ANDROID PLATFORM ENGINEER
with a strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin for the Reference HMI team, part of our R&D organization. In this role, your mission includes Android application and launcher development, integration of Kanzi products with the Android system and Android Automotive platform, exposing the functionalities of Android frameworks, apps and services to the Kanzi UI and other Kanzi products.
- Curious, analytical mindset
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong teamworking skills
- Habit to write clean, maintainable code
- Solid knowledge of Java/Kotlin (and some C/C++ knowledge)
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Previous background with various parts of the Android framework. Both the UI and system related parts (e.g. media, phone, storage, activity manager, multiuser, view framework, surface flinger).
- Interest in details and inner workings of Android (mostly at the framework/SDK level, but also the system/OS level).
- Experience with AOSP or interest in working with it (building, analyzing, customizing).
- Experience with JNI (interop between Java and C++).
- Ability to create APIs/libraries (code and interfaces used by 3rd parties)
What We Offer
Rightware might be your new home, if you are passionate about transforming design into software, solving complex challenges and helping enable fantastic user experiences. With us, you get to work with some of the most esteemed automotive brands in the world. Your colleagues will be a highly professional mix of people from creative designers to engineers, all passionate about their jobs.
Rightware provides tools and services for development of advanced digital user interfaces. The Kanzi philosophy is based on designer empowerment, prioritizing ease of use, rapid prototyping, workflow efficiency, high performance, and cross-platform support. Our Kanzi product family includes a visual design studio which delights designers, a highly optimized 3D runtime for superior graphics performance, and an innovative connectivity platform.
Rightware is headquartered in Finland and has a presence in the United States, Germany, Italy, China, South Korea, and Japan. As a ThunderSoft company, Rightware complements the automotive portfolio of Thunder Software Technology Co. Ltd. Trusted by over 50 car brands, we are on track to powering the user experience in over 40 million cars by 2024.