Rightware is the company behind the Kanzi family of tools and services used by automakers for design and development of advanced digital user interfaces. Our mission is to help automakers increase brand value with highly customized signature user interfaces. Kanzi is the market-leading UI tool trusted by over 50 automotive brands across the globe.
Rightware is headquartered in Finland and has a presence in the US, UK, Germany, Italy, China, South Korea, and Japan. Rightware is a part of ThunderSoft Group.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our core R&D team in Helsinki to create customer-facing developer documentation. As a technical writer you collaborate with a team of writers and developers to plan, create, and maintain the documentation for our software products.
Once you get to know our products, your most significant task is to tell our users in a compelling and efficient way how to use our products. To do that, you must be familiar with writing task-oriented user documentation. In this role, you also work closely with writers and developers to create and implement UI text, tooltips, and error messages. Furthermore, we expect you to be proactive, take the initiative to bring change where we need it, and take the ownership of what you do to follow through from plan to final product.
- You are an empathetic writer who understands the needs of software developers
- The copy you write enables software developers to get their job done with the least amount of friction
- You excel at getting the information you need to write comprehensive documentation
- You enjoy collaborating with writers, developers, and stakeholders to constantly improve our products
- You contribute to the team by providing feedback through reviews and coach developers to improve their writing skills
- You are quick to identify misleading or missing information, enjoy getting stuff done, and are proud of your work
- You are outgoing, communicative, easy-going, and easy to get along with
- Experience in gathering information and writing software developer documentation
- Experience with diligent testing and validating features
- Deep understanding of task-oriented writing and documentation architecture
- Understanding of source control and maintaining multiple versions of content
- Experience working in Scrum development environments
- Ability to adapt your writing style and follow writing guidelines
- Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn
- Excellent English skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with different documentation tools
- Interest in user experience
- Programming experience (experience using C++ is an additional benefit)
- Persuasiveness required to drive change
What We Offer
Rightware might be your new home, if you are passionate about transforming design into software, solving complex challenges and helping enable fantastic user experiences. With us you get to work with some of the most esteemed automotive brands in the world. Your colleagues will be a highly professional mix of people from creative designers to engineers, all passionate about their jobs.
If this sounds like you, please apply and enclose some samples of your work.