R&D - Helsinki
Team: Kanzi UI
Kanzi UI software is the world’s leading software for creating advanced user interfaces in the automotive sector. The Kanzi UI business unit is home to some 40 professionals developing the core products on which our value is built, Kanzi Studio and Kanzi Runtime. There is a reason for our leading market position: these products are the most user-friendly and advanced tools, streamlining development and putting the designer first. This is the team that maintains our core advantage, enabling the world’s leading automotive brands to continue to create stunning instrument clusters and infotainment systems.
We are looking for an experienced technical writer to join our core R&D team in Helsinki. As a technical writer you will collaborate with teams of developers, designers, and writers to plan, create, and maintain the customer-facing developer documentation and learning content. We expect you to create content that stimulates and motivates our users to become expert-users of our products. While in this role you will mostly work on writing documentation. The crux of this role is your ability to combine your deep understanding of creating developer documentation with the capacity of finding the correct approach to present that content using the most suitable pedagogic approach, delivering compelling learning experiences. This is why you must be familiar with both, writing task oriented user documentation and the use of correct pedagogic methods. In this role we expect you to be proactive, taking the initiative to bring change where needed, and taking ownership of your domain to follow through from plan to final product.
Who are you?
You are an outstanding and empathetic writer who understands the needs of developers and learners, and can produce content that engages, stimulates and promotes learning. You excel at engaging your colleagues to get the information you need to write comprehensive content. You are easy-going and people get along well with you. Once you're on a task, your team can rely on you to get the job done without supervision. You are quick to identify misleading or missing information, enjoy getting stuff done, and are proud of your work.
- Experience in gathering information and writing developer documentation
- Familiarity with pedagogic methods and the ability to apply the most appropriate one for different content types
- Ability to follow style guidelines and write outstanding copy
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative
- Expertise needed to develop documentation
- Immaculate command of English
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Background in learning theory and creating learning content
- Experience in creating lesson plans, course materials, instructor manuals, participant guides and assessments
- Experience working with different documentation tools
- Programming experience (experience using C++ is a further benefit)
- Interest in user experience
Please read our instructions below which describe what to include in your application:
If this sounds like you, please send your CV, a short motivational letter where you tell us why you are the perfect candidate, and three samples of documentation you have written. We look forward to meeting you!