Senior UX & Visual Designer
Professional services - Helsinki
Are you a Designer with a strong creative streak and a knack for UI and UX design?
We are looking for an experienced Visual & UX designer to join our core Kanzi Design Services team in Helsinki. You will work with a team of technical and visual designers plus software developers to plan, define, and create UI concepts for customer HMI projects. You’ll also work on accompanying products, including work on visual design for promotion of our Kanzi Studio features. In this role we expect you to be proactive, take the initiative to bring change where we need it, and take ownership of what you do to follow through from plan to final product.
- Collaborate with the various disciplines (interaction designers, design researchers, product designers, technologists, strategists)
- Ideate unique design visions and lead their execution
- Lead projects into original and unexpected creative solutions, challenge the state-of-art
- Participate as a contributor to interdisciplinary teams that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Collaborate with the client and present your ideas to top-level stakeholders
- Create design guidelines, define storyboards for project narratives
- Ensure the feasibility of your visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output
Who are you?
You are an empathetic designer with impressive UI and UX design experience. You are quick to grasp the needs of learners and can produce innovative, visually appealing content that promotes advanced graphics and motion without compromising usability. You know how to create visual concepts that are unique and are at the same time easily accepted and usable.
You excel at getting to know your colleagues to collect the information you need to accomplish your job, and you are excellent at applying their feedback. You are relaxed, chill, and easy to get along with. Once you're on a task, your team can rely on you to get the job done without supervision. You enjoy getting stuff done and are proud of your work.
- 5 years of experience in designing visual language systems for digital products and services
- Experience in participating and/or leading enterprise software design projects
- Experience facilitating and participating in usability testing with end users
- Experience working with product and software development teams
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design
- Understanding of product interaction to software tools and applications
- Superb information design abilities
- Skills with relevant design software packages
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Strong client management skills
- Ability to define an appealing and recognizable visual language for different contexts
- Skills to create 2D and 3D content where you apply specific visual language
- Capacity to create visual content from descriptions
- Experience creating both static and animated content
- Interest in UI and UX design
- Attention to detail
- Interest or experience in creating visual content for automotive industry
- Persuasiveness required to drive change
- Knowledge of strategic thinking and service design experience
Team: Kanzi Design Services
Kanzi UI is the industry-leading software tool for automotive graphical user interfaces, powering millions of cars on the road already. Our first customer, Audi, has based their Virtual Cockpit on Kanzi since 2012. Kanzi is now in use by dozens of other premium car brands, from Chinese EV startups to the latest Range Rover Velar and all-new Ford Mustang.
Due to heavy demand from our global customers, we are growing our elite team of technical and visual designers, UX designers, and creative software engineers who provide our customers with advanced prototypes, custom software products, and technology demonstrators.
This fast-paced team operates at the intersection of visual and interaction design, cutting-edge technology, and our customers' products, often dealing with multiple ongoing projects and demanding deadlines. Our KDS team is a central contributor to the success of our customers, leading training, advising on project implementation and optimization, and providing on-site plus remote support and consulting.
This team of experts helps our customers bring the best automotive user experiences to market!